2022 | Project Management | Analyst | London
MORE ABOUT THIS SKILLSET
Managing large-scale initiatives and projects. Utilizing careful planning, effective stakeholder management, transparency and coordinated delivery.
Strong project managers embody excellent judgment, identify risks or issues early and are able to manage multiple stakeholders with competing priorities. Importantly, they are results driven and have a proven track record of execution against deliverables.
If you apply to this skillset, you will be considered for multiple roles across the firm that require this skillset. Please note division and function examples below are representative of opportunities common for this skill-set. The list is not exhaustive, and availability of open roles is determined based on business need. Specific roles will be confirmed through the interview process. DIVISIONS AND JOB FUNCTIONS Operations
is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow. The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
- Asset Management Division Operations is responsible for front-to-back operational support to the Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Merchant Bank businesses in service, delivery, and processing functions across the trade, client, and product lifecycle.
- Consumer & Wealth Management Operations conducts service, delivery and processing functions for the Ultra High Net Worth, High Net Worth and Mass Affluent businesses. And we provide front-to-back operational support across the trade and client lifecycle.
- Global Markets Division Operations provides client onboarding support, post-trade transaction services and post-trade portfolio services for the Global Markets Division. Our Client Coverage Group manages key client relationships to enhance the client experience front to back. We support the FICC and Equities businesses to develop and deliver new products, services and markets.
- Investment Banking Operations provides structuring, execution and syndication support for all products traded by the Investment Bank Division. For the Bank Loan product, we also provide asset servicing support.
- Operations Risk Management manages the development and implementation of the division's risk framework, including monitoring of key controls, provision of management reporting, creation of risk metrics and development of training and awareness programs. Our Embedded Risk Managers work closely with line teams to improve risk and control transparency and effectiveness.
- Regulatory and Control Operations oversees the integrity of the firm's books and records, and ensure we continue to remain compliant with global client money, regulatory and tax reporting obligations.
- Treasury Services provides payment processing, liquidity, cash management and bank relationship management services for our institutional, retail, and corporate clients as well as firmwide flows.
- Operations Management and Digital Transformation sets and executes strategic priorities, manages financial targets and organizational design, creates internal communication strategies and drives people priorities for Operations. We undertake external industry engagement with peers, infrastructures and clients to develop market solutions to operational challenges, as well as training employees and providing tooling for the automation of business processes.
- Bachelor's degree (2018 - June 2022)
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficient to advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to a variety of industries and businesses
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with senior management and global stakeholders
- Commercially savvy with ability to exercise discretion with respect to highly confidential/sensitive information
- Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity