2022 Quantitative Trader Off-cycle Internship (London)
Placement and duration
The 6-months Off-Cycle Quantitative Trader Program is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Sales & Trading division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full Time Analyst. As a quantitative trader intern, you will be given full insight into what it takes to be part of a trading desk at Morgan Stanley. You will be responsible for producing analytics as well as ad-hoc reports and leading a diverse set of projects to improve our trading activities. You will spend your internship assigned to a specific desk and you will be based in our London office.
As a quantitative trader intern, you will be part of a team which will provide you with the opportunity to further your trading career working alongside top industry professionals. Training program
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects. You will develop the analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills that will help you succeed in the role. Responsibilities
AMM - Automated Market Making is a registered market maker on all major US options exchanges & quotes more than 2000 individual option classes. In EU, AMM is a registered market maker on Eurex/Euronext and quotes more than 180 individual options classes. AMM is also central to the derivatives automation program for the trading division.
Equity Exotics- The Exotic Trading desk provides pricing and liquidity for equity exotic derivative products for clients across both retail (banks, distributors etc.) and institutions (Hedge Funds, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies etc.). Mandate includes a wide range of products and covers anything non-vanilla (swaps, structured notes, barriers, basket options, QIS, etc.) in OTC or securitised form.
Financial Engineering desk is responsible for manufacturing of structured solutions and transactions, producing of structured content, complex derivative pricing, client connectivity as well as product design for a wide a range of Morgan Stanley customers - Private Banks, Distributors and Financial institutions. Role requires strong quantitative academic background, preferably with a focus on financial mathematics and probability theory (Master's degree or above) as well as knowledge of programming languages such as Python and ability to work with various financial data. Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
- You are a Masters student in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance or Computer Science
- Programming and algorithm design: advanced knowledge of Python, SQL, Excel or similar languages is valued
- You have a keen interest in the financial markets, the drive and desire to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- You analyze and interpret complex information quickly and accurately
- You will possess practical problem solving skills with a great attention to detail
- You are an excellent communicator and a teamwork player
- You are a critical thinker, you are hungry to learn and you can demonstrate curiosity