2022 Investment Management Off-cycle Internship - International Products (London)
Placement And Duration
The Off-Cycle Internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Investment Management Division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst. The internship will last twelve months, commencing early 2022.
The role of the International Product team is to develop, and through active post-launch management, maintain mutual funds for MSIM's business outside the US. This encompasses assisting internal teams (Sales and Portfolio Management) in defining which products are needed to support investment strategies, and launch those products in a commercially successful, high-quality manner. After launch, the team must ensure that the funds remains optimally positioned and commercially viable as client requirements and the regulatory and competitive environments change.
The International Product team look after multiple cross-border fund ranges covering the range of investment capabilities across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternative funds with c. $92bn of assets under management. This role will provide exposure to a wide range of internal departments and will give a unique insight into the entire asset management business. Training Program
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects. Responsibilities
- Supporting members of the team on new product launches and enhancements to existing products:
- Ongoing maintenance of existing fund ranges
Qualifications and Requirements
- Product Literature:
- Assisting with quarterly board reporting and scheduled reporting to meet client and regulatory requirements
- Assisting with the management and support of F2C in their role as disseminators of NAVs and other information to electronic media
- Assisting with KIID production, including both continual ad hoc updates and the annual review
- Supporting the wider business:
- Dealing with ad hoc requests through Sales teams including client requests and RFP queries
- Assisting in the registration in new jurisdictions to enter markets to meet business requirements
- Researching competitor fund information and producing market analysis, including the preparation of high-level summary reports and highlights.
- You are analytical with excellent attention to detail and well suited to working within a small team environment
- You are pursuing an undergraduate or Master's degree, minimum 2:1
- You have good communication skills (both written and verbal) and presentation skills