2021 Investment Management Off-cycle Internship - Real Estate Investing (London)
PLACEMENT AND DURATION
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing (REI) is Morgan Stanley's integrated global real estate practice. We are the world's leading global real estate investment manager with over $60 billion in real estate assets under management across core, value-added, and opportunistic investment vehicles. REI acquires properties, operating companies, and real estate backed departments on a global scale on behalf of our institutional investors. The internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in REI by taking on the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst. The internship typically lasts six months, but can vary in length depending on business needs and candidate availability.
The internship typically lasts six months and starts in September. TRAINING PROGRAM
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collecting and synthesizing financial and operating information about potential investment opportunities and industries.
- Creating financial models.
- Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value and price transactions.
- Drafting presentations and memoranda for a wider audience within the Firm.
- Attending team discussions and partner meetings, where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation.
*Salary is competitive with excellent benefits. QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information quickly and accurately.
- Strong aptitude for numbers.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Temperament that thrives under pressure and changing situations.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data.
- Results-driven and able to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines.
- Proven team player with the ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities.
- Committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
- Fluency in English and in the local language based on the location you are applying for.