2021 Data Specialist - Environmental, Social, and Governance: Gender Equality Index
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is essential for our clients - providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
As a team, we are responsible for improving and reporting Environmental, Social and Governance related content for the Bloomberg Terminal, plus reported on and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics and proprietary scores. We display ESG and Fundamental data together, backed by news for context. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise for sustainable investing will have tremendous impact on our growing product offering. The Role:
Among the products we manage is the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI), which tracks the financial performance of public companies committed to disclosing their efforts to support gender equality through policy development, representation and transparency.
As a Data Specialist for ESG and the Gender-Equality Index, you will be responsible for supporting execution and oversight of the GEI. Over the course of the year, you'll be responsible for engaging with companies for survey data submissions, and you'll research firms and identify new opportunities to increase participation in the index. You'll conduct quality assurance testing and support scoring of submissions to determine index membership. You'll help to iterate our survey process by updating and creating the questions and data fields, and analyzing the data for insights and trends. You will partner with communications and marketing to heighten the visibility of the index, as well as with other data and product teams to pursue continuous development and expansion of the GEI and other ESG products. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Manage large and complex data projects related to ESG datasets, with a particular focus on the Gender-Equality Index (GEI) and diversity data
- Ensure the quality of all GEI data submissions through close analysis of survey responses and company filings to ensure data accuracy and consistency
- Research, collect contact information for, and engage directly with a wide range of companies to expand GEI coverage and support timely and accurate submission of data
- Provide product training to other internal teams, such as Sales and Analytics, to expand data collection for the GEI
- Analyze gender equality and diversity data for trends and highlights. Monitor disclosure trends and standards and support expansion of the data product as needed
We'd love to see:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Strong interest in the ESG market or the social data reporting landscape, as well as a passion for Diversity & Inclusion
- Demonstrated and exceptional relationship building, business development, and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Strong project management skills: strategic thinking, setting deadlines, and leading the execution of tasks both independently and collectively with a group
Does this sound like you?
- Specific knowledge of and prior experience with gender and other diversity-related data
- ESG-related coursework or certification
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/ and https:// https://www.bloomberg.com/gei/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.