Transaction Advisory Services Manager
Job Description Summary:
We are a flexible employer and can offer a range of flexible working patterns from part to full-time, as well as working from home.
Come and think independently with an organisation that's doing the same. We're determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It's why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It's invigorating. It's inspiring. It's creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let's make change happen.
Our clients are dynamic and ambitious and we provide advice throughout the entire life cycle of any transactions they undertake, in order to support their growth strategies. In transaction services, you'll combine strategic thinking with practical delivery of operational solutions. You'll work with clients throughout the transaction process to assist with their strategy, identify risks, execute the deal and help unlock the potential for growth and value creation in their organisation. You'll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
We are looking for an experienced individual that is capable of assisting with transactions and handling smaller transactions.
You'll have some experience within transactions either through a training programme in a similar role/ team, or through a project/secondment whilst working in a different service line in a professional services organisation.
Whilst this role is East Midlands based, our team encompasses the East of England and you will work closely with colleagues from our Milton Keynes and Cambridge locations.
We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
•\tFlexible - full or part time hours considered Job Description: What you'll be doing:
Who we're looking for:
- Working alongside an experienced team on larger transactions, you will be responsible for managing the production of large sections of financial due diligence report as well as coaching, supervising and reviewing the work of junior members of the team
- Leading the detailed fieldwork stage of smaller due diligence projects, reporting directly to the Engagement Leader
- Playing a part in growing the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace by building market relationships & networks and contributing to the process of winning new business for the Advisory team and the wider Grant Thornton practice
- Preparing fee estimates and budgets for client assignments and justify any changes over the duration of the project
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate management and quality procedures for each project you are involved in
- Technically strong with an advisory or audit background and you will have experience in taking a lead role on aspects of a due diligence assignment and be confident and comfortable dealing with clients and a range of stakeholders
- Extensive experience of writing and reviewing reports
- You will have good report writing skills as it is critical to our work that business insights are conveyed concisely, accurately and in an easy to read manner
- You will have strong financial, commercial and analytical skills with an eye for detail as you will be expected to provide observations on the business which will be central to the deal advice we provide to our clients
- You must be flexible and willing to travel to client sites (in the UK and occasionally overseas). In addition, flexibility is needed in working practices and hours due to the transaction-based nature of this work and tight reporting deadlines.
- Experience of developing and mentoring staff
- Ability to build and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Good working knowledge of MS Powepoint, Excel & Word, internet and email
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Proven Experience within delivering on TAS projects within a Practice environment