Corporate Tax Manager
Job Description Summary:
Here. You can be empowered to make a difference.
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of shaping a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. By living our purpose and focusing on quality, we strive to be the go-to-firm for growth. We've created our own unique culture - one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around a Challenger Leadership style and a Shared Enterprise model.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can. Job Description:
UK domestic corporate tax has changed rapidly over the past few years. Our team are here to help businesses of every size grow in this complex tax environment. Our specialists work in supporting small and medium-sized businesses through to large corporates on a wide range of tax issues. Our work embraces everything from negotiating with tax authorities to providing advice tailored to our client's unique circumstances.
Who we're looking for:
- You'll be responsible for a number of client relationships, supporting them on a variety of business tax advisory matters. You will be their principle point of contact, working closely with them to understand business developments, ensuring they are up to date with their compliance obligations and legislative changes, helping them assess the impact for them and keeping abreast of opportunities
- You'll also be responsible for the delivery of the corporation tax content of projects and managing input from other tax colleagues (typically Transfer Pricing, VAT and employment taxes), assessing that input and ensuring inter dependencies across taxes are considered. This may involve international tax content and require working with our extensive network of international member firms
- You'll demonstrate an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately
- You'll write high quality, professional tax reports, ready for review by the tax partner/director
- You'll lead manage, motivate and coach other members of the team, working with a great bunch of like-minded colleagues all focussed on supporting each other to perform at their best.
You will have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
You will know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. To do this we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
You will seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
You will apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow. Education, experience and qualifications:
- You'll be professionally qualified, or qualified by experience
- You'll be technically strong, with experience of advising clients on complex tax-related issues
- You'll have a proven track record of leading engagements and an awareness of how to open up new business opportunities
- You'll demonstrate exceptional leadership and coaching skills to develop teams and add true value within the region.