We're looking for experienced professionals to join our Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness practice in the North Practice based in Manchester or Leeds.
Working with some of the most skilled professionals in your field you will help your clients on operating model design, business restructuring, systems implications, transfer pricing, controversy, strategy and planning. You will help your clients to build and implement transfer pricing structures that make sense for their business, improve their processes and manage the cost of cross-border trade.
Our National Markets Transfer Pricing team helps multinational groups through the entire transfer pricing lifecycle including designing, implementing, documenting, monitoring and defending intercompany pricing policies that align their global tax model with the business strategy. This may include planning expansion into new strategic or regional markets. Another key element of the work is supporting businesses with tax-effective supply chain management. The team provide a range of services covering all types of intercompany transaction and work collaboratively with groups across all industry sectors.
The client base is very broad covering privately owned UK headquartered groups, including fast growth start-ups and businesses backed by private equity, UK listed groups outside the FTSE100 and many overseas parented groups. As a member of this team, you'll work on multidisciplinary projects helping clients develop and implement integrated and far-sighted global strategies in the ever changing regulatory environment, as well as building long lasting client relationships.
The National Markets Transfer Pricing Team is currently experiencing strong demand for its services and has ambitious growth plans. There are excellent career progression opportunities for successful candidates who demonstrate the skills and attributes outlined below. You will receive regular technical and on the job training and support, as well as opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you to achieve your full potential.
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm.
Skills and experience
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player
- Coaching more junior staff
- Passionate about coaching and developing more junior staff
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong transfer pricing technical skills
- Degree or postgraduate degree essential
Ideally, you'll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and time
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills
- The ability to deliver quality output in a timely and efficient manner
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.