Technology Risk Manager North Assurance
Are you passionate about technology with an understanding of the risks that organisations are currently facing as part of their technology operations and transformation projects? Do you want to make a difference and help organisations navigate and effectively manage those risks? Are you interested in working with clients across industries, learning from specialists and building a fulfilling career with the world's leading professional services organisation?
About the role
PwC's North Risk Assurance practice is looking for an experienced Manager (based in Leeds or Manchester) to join our Tech Risk team. As a Manager, you will work with a successful team of IT Risk specialists, providing expert technical advice, guidance and support on technology risk projects to a range of clients. You will also contribute to growing our business by helping to bring in new work from existing and new clients.
The role requires an IT Risk generalist, but one with specialist skills in one or more of the following areas
IT Governance, Risk Management and Compliance
IT Internal Audit
IT Disaster Recovery and Technology Resilience
IT Transformation / Change Delivery / Change Assurance
IT Service Delivery / Service Management / Operations
IT Outsourcing / Third Party Risk Management
IT Infrastructure, Application or Digital Strategy Development
Enterprise Application Implementation or Assurance / Business Analysis / Project Management.
This role would suit someone who is comfortable working across the technology risk spectrum, covering multiple disciplines and industries, and is keen to keep up with technology advances, supporting clients Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery and coordination of a portfolio of client engagements, working with or managing (internal and client) teams to meet client expectations.
- Planning, budgeting, scoping and delivering client assignments. This would include conducting interviews, performing tests of controls and activities, facilitating workshops and leading research activities.
- Preparing, reviewing and presenting client deliverables (including written reports and presentations) to summarise finding and recommendations from our work.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that risk and quality expectations are met on engagements.
- Helping to develop our Tech Risk capabilities by taking an active role in coaching and developing skills within the team.
- Supporting the development of new technology risk propositions in response to change in industry, regulation and technology.
- Building client relationships and establishing credibility by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of technology risk, and identifying opportunities where PwC can assist.
Qualifications and Experience
- Significant experience and track record of delivering a range of IT Risk and Control services, including subject matter expertise in one or more of the disciplines listed above.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) - particularly around explaining complex technical issues to non-technical audience in a manner that is clear and unambiguous.
- Passionate about technology and willing to take personal responsibility to stay on top of emerging developments in IT.
- Good knowledge of a broad range of technology systems and infrastructure components (e.g. applications, operating systems, databases, networks); and related concepts such as digital and cloud.
- Good understanding of technology process and risk methodologies, good practice frameworks and industry standards (e.g. ITIL and COBIT).
- Strong business acumen - Ability consider broader business and industry issues or impacts when analysing issues or advising clients.
- Strong project management and organisational skills; detail-oriented and ability to multitask.
- Excellent client-facing interpersonal skills and stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across different teams and multiple organisational levels.
- Resilience and Integrity - Ability to work effectively in the face of pressure and not compromise on quality or professional standards.
- Relevant qualifications including CISA, CISM, CRISC, ISO 27001 (Lead Auditor), Prince2/MSP/AGILE PM, ITIL.
- Audit / assurance skills developed either through working in an Internal Audit department, Operational Risk function or in Consultancy / Professional services.
- Experience of being a part of an IT department functions, delivering IT change projects or advising clients how to improve their IT operations.
- Functional expertise in enterprise applications / infrastructure (e.g. ERP, CRM, Billing or SCM).
- Functional expertise in Cyber Security; Data Analytics / Governance or Project Assurance.
- Awareness of industry-specific regulatory issues.
In return we offer
- Variety - An impressive list of clients with different needs and issues at both technical and strategic levels.
- Opportunity - To develop your technical, business advisory and interpersonal skills.
- Support - We work as a team and support each other on a day-to-day basis. We also actively encourage an ongoing exchange of knowledge across the many specialists operating within PwC.
- Training - PwC is recognised for the quality of its training programmes that cover both technical and 'soft' skills.
- Challenge - We work in an atmosphere which encourages you to be proactive and imaginative with the emphasis on consistently adding value to clients.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity