Technical Project Manager
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 May 19
Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager - First Direct
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Project Manager
In this role, you will:
- Will engage key stakeholders and Head of IT Delivery to identify and agree the key project objectives and benefits for the work programme.
- Responsible for the major project deliverables, maintaining the overall project plans across multiple areas to ensure effective delivery within budget and to the agreed timescales, quality and benefits realisation requirements.
- Lead and matrix manage assigned technical and 3rd party teams.
- Promote and embed project management methodologies and governance frameworks in line with FD Project Management Standards.
- Provide guidance and steerage on technical feasibility/options/solutions to deliver agreed requirements. This will include identifying emerging digital technologies that are applicable.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Comprehensive experience in all phases of the delivery life cycle from feasibility studies, to requirements management, development and testing.
- Experience of both Agile and Waterfall delivery methods
- Experience of working within the Financial Services sector
- Experience of managing multiple complex business and IT Projects
- Comfortable liaising with senior client personnel to establish and clarify requirements
- Able to interpret business requirements and align this to the best use of the chosen technology solution
The base location for this role is Leeds
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies .