- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 Apr 19
Technical Lead, Digital Solutions
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC's history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in the UK, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Technical Lead. You will be accountable as the technical leader within a development team within Technology. You will enable the team to deliver products and services, and continually help the team to improve technically - to create stories and manage the flow of the backlog, optimise levels of automation across the team's activities, and act as a coach to the development team and corresponding business stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team, to drive continuous improvement of the performance of the team from a productivity, service, quality, training and effectiveness perspective.
- Mentoring and coaching the team
- Work with architecture to ensure designs are realistic and achievable.
- Removing impediments for the team and shield them from interruptions, act as a coach to the team, Product Owner and wider organisation to help them continually improve, and facilitates the delivery of work and where appropriate.
- Ensuring all activities performed within the team adhere to the relevant standards and controls.
- Ensuring the level of automation within the team is optimised at all times, reducing the need for human intervention in the design, development and operational lifecycles, including decisions on tooling to achieve optimal performance.
- Working with the Product Owner, Solution & Platform Architects to identify changes required, create & agree necessary stories.
- Working with the Agile Lead to ensure efficient flow of the backlog of change activities.
- Accountability for ensuring products and services maintain compliance with mandatory and regulatory requirements and control objectives within the risk and controls framework.
- Ensuring group controls are maintained within the team activities and remediation activities are resolved swiftly.
- Operational stability, integrity and availability of products and services supported by the team.
Providing support the solution architect to ensure that solutions and services are supported by the right architectures & systems.
The successful applicant will have;
- Practical experience of Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven, IntelliJ or similar IDE skills,
- Experience consuming REST APIs and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications
- Practical experience in Mobile development either iOS native app development in Swift or Android native app development in Java and Kotlin desirable.
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Nexus
- Test automation development utilising -JUnit, Wiremock, Mockito or similar
- PaaS / IaaS - Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Mule API Gateway, AWS
- Application Monitoring - Splunk, AppDynamics
This role is based in Stourton, Leeds.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.