- Salary: Up to GBP0.00 per annum
- Location: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: JCW Search
You will deliver in-house legal services as directed by the Senior Solicitor or Head of Legal.
The role is to deliver in-house legal services as directed by the Senior Solicitor or Head of Legal.
* Provide advice on general legal queries to colleagues in the Branch network and head office departments.
* Assist in resolving matters involving complex title dispute issues pre-repossession and post possession
* Provide ongoing advice to relevant business areas on changes in the financial services sector which affect the Society's operations including regulatory, legislative, guidance and policy.
* Assist in the provision of a Legal Referral Service for Marketing and other customer communications and advise on the relevant regulatory requirements. Assist in maintaining an up-to-date Marketing Approval Standard to aid Marketing and Legal Services in the sign off process.
* Where requested review commercial contracts for relevant business areas, providing advice and negotiating key clauses on behalf of the Society either alone or with support from specialist colleagues
* Qualified solicitor
* Ideally some experience of reviewing/drafting/negotiating commercial contracts and/or some experience of regulatory matters, preferably one or more of MCOB, ICOB COBS and BCOB.
* Good organisational and time management skills
* Ability to work under pressure and manage own caseload
* Sound communication / interpersonal skills
* Ability to handle conflict and provide advice in an appropriate and timely manner