We're looking for newly qualified accountants or tax professionals to pursue an opportunity in our Transfer Pricing and Operating Model Effectiveness practice in the North. We can offer a choice of locations, Leeds, Manchester or Glasgow.
Our National Markets Transfer Pricing team helps multinational groups through the entire transfer pricing lifecycle including designing, implementing, documenting, monitoring and defending intercompany pricing policies that align their global tax model with the business strategy. This may include planning expansion into new strategic or regional markets. Another key element of the work is supporting businesses with tax-effective supply chain management. The team provide a range of services covering all types of intercompany transaction and work collaboratively with groups across all industry sectors.
The client base is very broad covering privately owned UK headquartered groups, including fast growth start-ups and businesses backed by private equity, UK listed groups outside the FTSE100 and many overseas parented groups. As a member of this team, you'll work on multidisciplinary projects helping clients develop and implement integrated and far-sighted global strategies in the ever changing regulatory environment, as well as building long lasting client relationships.
The National Markets Transfer Pricing Team is currently experiencing strong demand for its services and has ambitious growth plans. There are excellent career progression opportunities for successful candidates who demonstrate the skills and attributes outlined below. You will receive regular technical and on the job training and support, as well as opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you to achieve your full potential.
Your key responsibilities
- To play a key role in the efficient and successful delivery of transfer pricing advisory services to clients, including supporting more senior staff in managing projects
- Ensure technical excellence and the application of a practical/business driven approach on all projects
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and provide exceptional levels of client service, taking responsibility for day-to-day client liaison
- Build a network of contacts with other parts of the firm, both across tax and other lines of service, identifying opportunities and managing expectations when supporting the delivery of multidisciplinary projects
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively engaging with existing clients and supporting business development activities focused on winning new clients.
- Support the development of more junior members of the team through coaching/mentoring as well as delegating and supervising their work on a day to day basis
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships at all levels, both with colleagues and clients
- Client focused with an ability to think strategically and be commercially aware
- Excellent communicator both written and oral, in a range of situations
- Strong and motivated team player
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Willingness to take ownership of your own development and demonstrate self-awareness
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of the team
- Proactively maintain your technical knowledge and keep your clients informed by staying abreast of UK and global developments
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA or equivalent; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
- Experience as a direct tax practitioner
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience of working on Transfer Pricing projects within Tax or Audit
- Project management skills, ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills
- The ability to deliver quality output in a timely and efficient manner
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.