Senior Performance Engineer
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 18 Apr 19
Senior Performance Engineer
Senior Performance Test Engineer, Digital
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC's history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in the UK, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Performance Test Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys a hand-on technical role as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide performance testing expertise to a number of cross-functional teams in the HSBC Digital Solutions organisation.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- working with product owners and business to define and agree performance NFRs, and work with architects and developers to ensure performance driven solutions, designs and development are implemented
- understanding performance test requirements across the development lifecycle, and define and construct performance tests to satisfy them
- embedding performance engineering and test processes, tools and techniques into cross-functional teams, with a particular focus on automation
- undertaking performance testing, tuning and optimisation of digital applications and solutions, and working as part of the multi-skilled cross-functional team to meet the defined NFRs
- demonstrating strong communication and stakeholder management skills to technical and non-technical audiences
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in Performance engineering and/or testing discipline
- Knowledge and experience of performance testing and tuning Java and Web applications, their designs and infrastructures
- Familiar with performance testing tools (such as JMeter, MicroFocus Loadrunner/Performance Center, SOASTA), monitoring/logging tools (such as AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk) and other UNIX/Linux/Web monitors & performance analysis tools to diagnose and resolve performance issues
- Experience planning, estimating, designing, executing and analysing output from performance tests to satisfy NFRs
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- In addition to the requirements listed above, you will stand out more if you have:
- Experience of performance testing and tuning micro-services / APIs running on Cloud based PaaS platforms (eg. Pivotal Cloud Foundry), using Springboot and/or MuleSoft framework, hosted either on premise or within a managed service (eg. AWS) is desirable
- Experience of working in an agile environment, DevOps team or a similar multi skilled team in a technically demanding function
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.