DWP. Digital with Purpose. We are looking for a talented Senior Infrastructure Engineer, working on some of the most exciting projects in the UK Up to £62,138 plus amazing pension and work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work, and make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to work with us on the design, development and maintenance of innovative cloud based hosting infrastructure.
You'll join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital. We're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our scale and purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you'll be working within our Hybrid Cloud Services to build and run DWP hosting infrastructure, including public cloud and on-premise hosting, ensuring the security and reliability of our services whilst moving toward technology that will improve our services and the way that millions of UK citizens use them.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- IT Infrastructure: Implementing, supporting, and maintaining infrastructure technologies, products, and services such as compute, storage, and open source packages and solutions in AWS Public Cloud.
- Technical Breadth: Has a deep understanding of the technical concepts required for the role and understands how these fit into the wider technical landscape, specifically in relation to AWS Public Cloud with skills and experience in the following:
- Using DevOps tools such as Gitlab.com, Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, and Sonar Qube.
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) delivery methodologies, tools, and best practice.
- Microservice and API-led architecture and integration tools, techniques and best practice.
- Understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experience of using monitoring and visualisation tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud-based application deployment technologies.
- Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems.
- Managing A Quality Service: Demonstrate positive customer service by understanding the complexity and diversity of customer needs and expectations, with a focus on the delivery of high quality, efficient, secure, and cost effective services in AWS Public Cloud. Create regular opportunities for colleagues, stakeholders, delivery partners and customers to help improve the quality of service.
- Problem Management: Ensures that the right actions are taken to investigate, resolve and anticipate problems. Coordinates the team to investigate problems, implement solutions and take preventative measures. Able to dissect a problem to its component parts to identify and diagnose root causes. Able to troubleshoot and identify problems across different technology capabilities. Takes accountability of issues that occur and is proactive in searching for potential problems. Achieves excellent user outcomes.
- Making Effective Decisions: Clarify your own understanding and stakeholder needs and expectations, before making decisions. Ensure decision making happens at the right level, not allowing unnecessary bureaucracy to hinder delivery. Encourage both innovative suggestions and challenge from others, to inform decision making. Analyse and accurately interpret data from various sources to support decisions. Find the best option by identifying positives, negatives, risks and implications. Present reasonable conclusions from a wide range of complex and sometimes incomplete evidence. Make decisions confidently even when details are unclear or if they prove to be unpopular.
- Communicating and Influencing: Communicate with others in a clear, honest and enthusiastic way in order to build trust. Explain complex issues in a way that is easy to understand. Take into account people's individual needs. Deliver difficult messages with clarity and sensitivity, being persuasive when required.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £62,138 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.