Risk Consulting Regulatory Compliance (Prudential) - Senior Manager
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Nov 18
Candidate should be well versed in UK regulatory knowledge.Should have experience in financial services sector with the PRA or FCA; and / or a leading professional services organisation; and
You will be the lead engagement senior manager on a number of engagements for wider regulatory compliance with our UK client base.
This will involve but is not limited to:
- Engagement managing large, multi-disciplinary projects;
- Leading and co-leading pitches to win future work;
- Managing budgets, providing work in progress updates and client invoicing;
- Ensuring engagements are delivered to the high standards our clients expect;
- Leading, motivating and managing teams and co-ordinating with subject matter experts;
- Managing engagements day-to-day supporting engagement leaders including the financials and resourcing of individual projects
- Supporting the developing and maintaining client relationships alongside the partner and directors of the team;
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and building an external network.
- Presenting to senior stakeholders;
- Taking responsibility for discreet areas of business development and proposal builds;
- Enhancing KPMG’s profile in the market by supporting KPMG's wider global network;
- Identifying new opportunities with existing engagement/clients for the team and the wider KPMG
- Providing detailed technical advice covering a range of regulatory matters; and
- Managing or leading a portfolio of concurrently running client engagements.
As engagement senior manager, you are technically proficient but also comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people whether internally or in a client facing capacity at this level.
As a senior manager in the team, you will also be pro-active in identifying and progressing business opportunities for the long term benefit of both KPMG and the client, and directly supporting and driving the strategy, direction and development of the prudential regulatory team.
Your experience and skills will show that you will:
- Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery;
- Display technical strength in at least one of our core subject matter expertise areas namely prudential regulation of capital or liquidity and governance and SMCR compliance;
- Play a key role in people development activities (coaching/ mentoring) for less experienced team members and play a key role in attracting and retaining talent to build the team as the business grows;
- Sustain a high level of drive, show enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team;
- Display an inclusive, collaborative approach and operate in an inspirational and respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community;
- Demonstrate insight and apply knowledge effectively to business and client problems;
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and identify opportunities to enhance revenue;
- Proven track record of
Issue identification and problem-solving skills.
chieve results through others
Positive and flexible attitude to work and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
Planning and project management skills.
- Effective oral and written communicator (the role will involve report writing);
- Communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear;
- Promote the Regulatory team within KPMG in order to encourage collaboration and increase internal leads;
- Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, knowledge and experience; and
Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
- Broad UK Regulatory knowledge;
- Likely to have held significant positions in the financial services industry; with the PRA or FCA; and / or a leading professional services organisation; and
- Successful track record of managing people and projects new business origination through both internal and external activities.
- Industry recognised qualification (e.g. ACA, CISI, FPC, IMC, CFA etc.) desirable but not essential.