QA and Test Manager
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Apr 19
QA and Test Manager
QA and Test Manager, Digital Solutions
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC's history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in the UK, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of QA and Test Manager.
The role will be accountable for leading and managing a team of Exploratory testers and Test Automation engineers who are embedded within cross functional teams. The role will be the point of responsibility and escalation for the QA and test activities within the product line. This will include ensuring that requirements are end to end focused and the test scope is understood, agreed and achieved. Ensuring QA Testers in the Product line are adopting and utilising available Digital testing tooling, processes, framework to maximise test automation. As a QA & Test Manager you will be responsible for securing and allocating resource to support all XFT teams within the product line.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Excellent knowledge of the testing process, digital channels, and customer expectations
- Good understanding of project methodology, frameworks and best practice
- Knowledge of the Agile development methodology and experience of working using these techniques
- Working knowledge of test tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Appreciation and working knowledge of utilising Test Automation and tooling within an Agile and DevOps operating model
- ISTQB qualification
- Excellent relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on a range of factors, e.g. commercials, risk, customer experience; determine the implications and make recommendations as needed.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
- High levels of resilience and self-motivation
- Strong analytical ability and experience - excellent attention to detail and the ability to see things through to completion.
- The ability to quickly understand customer and operational considerations, e.g. risk
- People leadership experience - motivating and inspiring others to excel
- Strong performance management and team development skills
- Innovative - the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.