Executive - Restructuring
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
Job Title: Executive - Restructuring Location: Leeds Salary Level: Competitive
About the Team
In today's market, businesses face new and ever evolving disruption from innovation, market shifts, and changes in the capital environment. EY's leading Restructuring team delivers solutions at pace. Whether our clients are companies, government organisations, or financial stakeholders and whether they are on the brink of a crisis or seeking to build resilience in their business, we work closely alongside them to deliver the financial and organisational solutions that enable them to adapt and succeed. Providing leadership in difficult and complex situations, EY's Restructuring team rapidly solves, executes and ultimately transforms the outcome for our clients.
As a Restructuring Executive, you'll make a technical contribution to Restructuring engagements and internal projects. Within your role, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships, execute restructuring procedures as required and contribute to defining the engagement scope.
Working under the supervision of a Restructuring Manager, Senior Manager or Partner, you'll contribute to presenting our work and its findings to the client. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you'll determine whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Technical skills requirements:
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
- Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Prepare analysis and reports supporting the restructuring assignment as required to be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with management and workforce of the target business as well as its stakeholders
- Build strong internal relationships within Restructuring and across other services
- Strong communication skills, building effective relationships at all levels
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining Restructuring professionals
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Professional accountancy qualification is essential e.g. ACA / ACCA
- Many of our strong performers have moved from other disciplines (Audit, Transaction Support, Forensic (FIDS))
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.