Design System Specialist Team - Senior User Researcher
- Up to £62,512 plus great benefits and work life balance. GBP
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom Leeds England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Are you interested in working with a passionate team to create a design system, with the goal of making the UK’s public services usable, consistently designed and efficiently built?
If you want to work on a big, influential, challenging service we’d love to hear from you.
This team will work towards a single design system. This resource will be used across the department and government to help teams design and build user centred services.
At the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), you’ll use your technical expertise to make people’s interactions with the government as straightforward as possible.
You’ll be part of something big. You’ll be working alongside Interaction Designers, Front End Developers, Content Designers, Software Engineers and Agile Delivery Managers to make crucial services dramatically easier to use.
You’ll be rewarded for your contribution with development opportunities and pay that reflects your expertise.
You can find out more about government design systems here https://design-system.service.gov.uk
You’ll be a highly experienced User Researcher, who leads user research across several strands. You’ll ensure that programmes take a user-centered, evidence-based approach to formulating strategy and vision; and act as customer champion, owning, articulating and managing the user research, generating new and useful user insights, and prioritising the work of the team.
You’ll have to be able to:
- demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, showing you can see the bigger picture and translate business issues and needs into relevant, actionable research plans and objectives.
- weigh up evidence from various (and potentially conflicting) sources, with a strong ability to question and challenge assumptions.
- ensure you have a good understanding of user-centered design practices and extensive proven experience of designing, facilitating and analysing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research using a variety of research methods to build a rich picture of customers and other user groups.
- work with UX designers and developers to create new digital products and services.
- deliver at pace, with a commitment to agile and continuous iterative development, with an ability to work independently.
- quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence and to evaluate and solve problems creatively to inform product decisions.
- effectively communicate research findings in a creative and compelling way, tailored to the needs of the audience.
Where you’ll work
The team will be based at our easy-to-reach digital hub in Leeds. A modern and vibrant workplace, it has been designed for and by our community.
In return for your skills we offer a competitive salary, a brilliant civil service pension and a generous leave package. We have fantastic benefits including flexible working, charitable giving and discounts on shopping and fun days out.
And we’ll give you an interest-free loan to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you’ll acquire on the job, as well as the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across the tech community and through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Please APPLY for details of the FULL job descriptions contained within the downloadable Candidate Packs and to continue your application at the Civil Service Jobsite.