Design System Specialist Team - Senior Content Designer
- Up to £57,621 plus great benefits and work life balance. GBP
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom Leeds England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Are you interested in working with a passionate team to create a design system, with the goal of making the UK’s public services usable, consistently designed and efficiently built?
If you want to work on a big, influential, challenging service we’d love to hear from you.
This team will work towards a single design system. This resource will be used across the department and government to help teams design and build user centred services.
At the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), you’ll use your content expertise to make people’s interactions with the government as straightforward as possible.
You’ll be part of something big. You’ll be working alongside Interaction Designers, Front End Developers, User Researchers, Software Engineers and Agile Delivery Managers to make it easier and quicker for teams to design and build their services.
You’ll be rewarded for your contribution with development opportunities and pay that reflects your expertise.
You can find out more about government design systems here https://design-system.service.gov.uk
You’ll have plenty of online editorial experience, working within multi-disciplinary teams and focusing on users’ needs. You’ll be able to show how you’ve made content progressively better with ongoing research, expert advice and data.
You’ll know how to show users the right content in the right place and in the best format. Working on end-to-end journeys – digital and non-digital – you’ll make sure people can readily complete their goal and that the service meets policy intent.
You’ll have to be able to:
- work at pace in an agile environment and have demonstrable experience of working from a digital perspective
- demonstrate exemplary spelling and grammar and experience of writing and editing using a style guide and plain English
- take a user-centred approach to content design and explain design decisions in a way that other people understand
- plan user research and have experience of using the results of that research, along with data, to shape content decisions
- handle the constructive criticism of your work and of constructively reviewing other people’s work
- understand how your work fits into the wider context of the team and department
- put forward the case for content design to senior stakeholders and product owners, based on similar previous experience
Where you’ll work
The team will be based at our easy-to-reach digital hub in Leeds. A modern and vibrant workplace, it has been designed for and by our community.
In return for your skills we offer a competitive salary, a brilliant civil service pension and a generous leave package. We have fantastic benefits including flexible working, charitable giving and discounts on shopping and fun days out.
And we’ll give you an interest-free loan to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you’ll acquire on the job, as well as the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across the tech community and through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Please APPLY for details of the FULL job descriptions contained within the downloadable Candidate Packs and to continue your application at the Civil Service Jobsite.