The busy Learning Consulting function in a leading Management Consultancy is looking for a Commercial Business Partner. You will be responsible for working alongside sales staff to ensure sales of learning products and services are profitable. The role will be a far-reaching commercial role, and will likely also include supplier management and negotiation, as well as other commercial activities in accordance with business needs.
Commercial Business Partner - Manager
The team focus on helping Civil Servants make a difference to the lives of people right across the UK by ensuring that they have the learning and development interventions they need to do their jobs. The firm currently leads a talented consortium of learning and development experts who work as a team to deliver a Core Curriculum and bespoke courses and programmes for civil servants across the UK and beyond.
You will be involved in the largest learning and development intervention in the UK that will fundamentally improve the way that civil ervants learn. We have already delivered a comprehensive suite of learning solutions, utilising digital technology and blended learning solutions, to help the Civil Service achieve this ambitious transformation
- You will be reviewing bid documentation, understanding the customer requirements and work with colleagues from across the business to agree on a pricing and commercial approach;
- Working with colleagues across the business to produce profitable pricing to support the learning solutions business;
- You will provide financial challenge for new business proposals;
- Supporting investment appraisal of new products and business activities;
- Maintaining a summary records of approved pricing and margins;
- Maintaining customer catalogues;
- Providing ad hoc support to finance team in accordance with business need.
Relationship Management and negotiation skills:
- You will need the ability to build and develop relationships with suppliers/third parties as needed;
- To be able to negotiate favourable rates with suppliers;
- You will be building and developing effective relationships with key internal stakeholders demonstrating a full understanding of their drivers & requirements and ensuring the supplier is meeting the requirements of the business;
- You will need to have the ability to understand and link the wider business environment to stakeholder requirements and drivers;
- Build and develop effective relationships with key external stakeholders, ensuring the supplier behaviours are channelled appropriately via the right conduit.
Contracting/Risk Management skills:
- General risk management activities - identifying key business risk and relevant mitigations needed;
- Ability to review contractual documentation to understand the key commercial and financial risks and liaise effectively with a legal team to resolve any issues;
- Knowledge and experience in bidding activities and processes;
- Legal/procurement/commercial experience on large bidding activities;
- Ability to cost model different commercial solutions to bidding requirements.
- Strong Excel knowledge;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Commercially minded and ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Experience in pricing/commercial;
- Comfortable working with and challenging both stakeholders within the finance team and the wider business;
- Able to prioritise and organise own workload.