Commercial Audit Executive
Job Description Summary:
Join us and you'll shape more than just your career. We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Today's global marketplace is constantly changing and evolving but dynamic businesses are agile, adapting to the environment. Auditing and financial reporting remains high on the agenda as the implications of not getting it right can be serious. Robust reporting with independent opinion gives confidence to businesses who are constantly driving for open and transparent growth. Job Description: About the role
In this varied and commercial role, you can expect the following:
Who we are looking for
- We will empower you to act as trusted business advisers to our clients
- Opportunities to attend and participate in client meetings
- You will be trusted to oversee all aspects of audit for a portfolio of clients
- Preparing and reviewing work papers and drafts of financial statements
- Overall responsibility for allocating work to other members of the audit team, working with Associates to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and that any areas for development are identified
- Responsibility for producing commercial management reports and input into sections of the report to management
Education and qualifications
- You will have experience of leading audits of varying sizes across a range of industries
- A genuine interest in our clients with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs
- We have an open and collaborative culture and as such, you need the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels
- An interest in maintaining and developing your technical knowledge in order to facilitate and lead valuable discussions with our clients
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ICAS or ACCA (minimum criteria)
- Intermediate Excel skills are essential
- Exposure to Case Ware is desirable
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you'll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You'll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we've been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.