Our client is a UK-wide property management company looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their finance team in Leeds. The successful candidate will have the ability to cope with the demanding transactional nature of the role, stay on top of supplier queries
and liaise with investment managers, directors and other stakeholders. Description
Processing and resolving queries:
- Sort incoming post, manage the accounts email in-box.
- Review and log invoices for various group companies using Qube.
- Upload data files from Excel to Qube.
- Scan/file invoices and other documents using the Softology software.
- Deal with supplier queries, on-site queries, statements, final demands, copy invoices, reissue of invoice due to change of name or miscalculation etc.
- Respond to routine enquiries (correspondence, emails, telephone calls, etc.).
Bacs and payment runs:
- Deal with BACS runs.
- Deal with supplier queries on BACS remittances, chase supplier bank details.
- Complete credit application forms and pass for signatures (ad hoc).
- Other ad hoc/project work as required from time to time.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, contact Nikki Bowring at Walker Hamill quoting reference NBO51097.
- Experience of working within a busy purchase ledger function, preferably in property management.
- Qube experience a distinct advantage.
- Must be numerate, work accurately and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- IT literate, particularly in Microsoft packages and ideally a property based accounting software (e.g. Qube).
- Keen, enthusiastic and self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, but the ability to recognise when to ask for support.
- Responsible and organised – able to complete several tasks simultaneously.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.