Windows Server Engineer
- Knutsford, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 10 Nov 17 2017-11-10
Essential skills * "Internals level" knowledge of all versions of Microsoft Windows server platforms. * Enterprise experience of Server Build and Deployment, Security Configuration, Licensing, DNS, DFS, PKI * Scripting techniques for automation of the deployment of the Windows operating system and updates to tens of thousands of devices globally using PowerShell and VB script * Development Techniques and experience from tool/application development using C#, SQL Databases, MVC
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Windows Server Engineer
Location: Knutsford, Cheshire
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Windows Server engineering role provides design, architecture and engineering expertise across the Windows server platform, associated infrastructure and tools.
Contribute towards setting strategic direction for Windows Server Platform
Contribute with development of enhancements and new capabilities of the Windows Server Platform
Perform lifecycle management of existing products
Automate Platform support and Business processes
Maintain security configuration in accordance to industry and financial sector requirements
Develop reusable deployment blueprints and configuration standards
Provide expertise technical advice to consumers of the service
- "Internals level" knowledge of all versions of Microsoft Windows server platforms.
- Enterprise experience of Server Build and Deployment, Security Configuration, Licensing, DNS, DFS, PKI
- Scripting techniques for automation of the deployment of the Windows operating system and updates to tens of thousands of devices globally using PowerShell and VB script
- Development Techniques and experience from tool/application development using C#, SQL Databases, MVC
- Can readily propose functional design at an architecture level to business issues
- Functional analysis (Business)
- Experienced with standard methods, tools and techniques for requirements definition
- Can describe deliverables associated with the requirements analysis and definition
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.