Senior UI Developer
As a Barclays Senior UI Developer you will work in an engineering team that provides frameworks, libraries and consultancy services to other teams in Barclays. You will have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of activities including development of frameworks for use by other teams and deep technical investigations into production problems. A high bar for quality is expected, as the software we produce is used by hundreds of developers.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
• You will spend 80% of your time doing development and 20% in supporting activities
• Being responsible for development of high quality maintainable code and automated tests
• Collaborating and communicating globally with other developers to build technical solutions
• Providing technical leadership, knowledge sharing and mentoring to junior members of the team, and contribute to the wider UI community within Barclays What we're looking for:
• Proven ability to work in a team environment with experience of full Software Development Lifecycle
• Working knowledge of CI CD and test frameworks
• Excellent problem solving skills Skills that will help you in the role
• Clear and concise communication skills
• Experience of building systems in a banking/financial organization
• Knowledge of software development methodologies e.g. Agile, SAFE Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It's the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.