Senior Business Analyst
- Knutsford, England, United Kingdom Knutsford England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
Overall purpose of role System or Product BAs co-ordinate, plan and perform analysis tasks for their specialist applications and manage internal domain analysis resources for one or more components of a Programme. They act as a reviewer and quality gate for analysis output, challenging IT to ensure root cause is addressed and the right design delivered for user requirements.
Overall purpose of role
System or Product BAs co-ordinate, plan and perform analysis tasks for their specialist applications and manage internal domain analysis resources for one or more components of a Programme. They act as a reviewer and quality gate for analysis output, challenging IT to ensure root cause is addressed and the right design delivered for user requirements.
- Provide support to the Lead Business Analyst, helping to define analysis approach in line with the strategic vision of the programme and the preferred methodology of the organisation.
- Articulate and present commercial effectiveness of requirement proposals within a project or initiative.
- Face off to one or many business areas/SME's understanding high level requirements and challenging where necessary.
- Work independently to elicit, validate and document systems requirements in either BRDs or user/feature stories depending on the SDLC in use by the development teams.
- Participation in the Design process coordinated by the Programme Management team, from Design approval to functional design completion - help to ensure the functionality/benefits envisaged are delivered.
- Support the Testing Strategy and input into the coverage of Test scenarios and conditions ensuring all requirements in scope are tested.
- Where applicable, during testing own the resolution of defects pertaining to requirement and design working with test teams and SMEs.
- Where applicable work with functional or business areas and SMEs to plan migrations of users and or transactions.
- Participate in helping to perform system training for new users, or when new functionality is released.
- Role holder will have no direct reports.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Understanding and experience of BA methodologies
- Experience of working within a SDLC and/or Agile project environment
- Experience of requirements gathering, analysis and definition
- Has enough knowledge of specialist area to be credible with business users and SMEs. Is still developing SME knowledge in a number of areas
- Some limited experience of the software development lifecycle, the roles and responsibilities on large projects and the motivations of the actors involved
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Industry standard BA qualification
- Knowledge of KYC and Onboarding systems and processes
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.