Security Engineer - Cloud
As a Barclays Security Engineer Cloud, you will be responsible for understanding, researching, designing, and developing security solutions with the products we have acquired for consumption as a service offering across all of Barclays. You will work closely with our Innovation and Security Architects to help build and configure proof of concepts/ value and to make suggestions as to the feasibility of progressing initiatives through to strategic delivery.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
• Developing a good understanding of security tooling (commercial off-shelf) and supporting the development team in configuring the tool to meet requirements
• You will be working in a highly collaborative team to solve complex business needs in secure ways
• Analysing requirements, driving the vision for various security product and design solutions to meet user requirements for various ranges of security tooling
• Owning the coordination and implementation of technical development requirements across various technology teams
• Collaborating with architects, application and infrastructure teams, helping to shape secure business solutions and adopting strategic security components and services
• Working alongside our broader security teams, assisting in the development of relevant plans and roadmaps
• Liaising with the core engineering functions for impacted/ proposed services, ensuring security, risk and regulatory requirements are met
• Assessing new products and solutions, ensuring they align with Enterprise Architecture mandates, business strategy, security strategy; and defining security patterns and principles What we're looking for:
• A willingness to learn new technologies, ability to fuse different priorities and interpersonal skills to manage key stakeholders
• Exposure working in DevOps operating model and associated tools (JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, CHEF)
• A good understanding/ experience of security strategies and technologies in a large Enterprise (preferably in the financial sector)
• Supporting applications in a large financial services organisations or operation of applications within a regulated environment Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Enterprise security frameworks such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework
• Preferable knowledge of Cyber-attack phases (e.g. Cyber Kill Chain and/ or Mitre Att&ck Framework)
• Knowledge of a range of technologies and concepts - cryptography, data security, network security, endpoint security, security penetration testing, identity & access management
• Knowledge of cyber threats, adversarial techniques and vulnerabilities, with the ability to innovate and contribute to the application or upgrade of controls and standards Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.