- Up to GBP500 per day
- Knutsford, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 21 May 19
Project Manager - Contract - Knutsford
Role Purpose for the Project Manager:
- Responsible for the overall leadership and delivery of technical infrastructure projects requiring significant effort in technology and business processes and systems resulting in transformational change
- Overall accountability and end-to-end delivery management for a set of technology related initiatives as defined by our business and portfolio framework
- Ensuring a consistent high standard of integrated change across the bank
Key Accountabilities for the Project Manager:
- Programme / project budget responsibility up to £2.5m
- Matrix manage and direct teams of up to 50 project team members
- Manage internal and external supplier engagements
- Oversee and manage service staff as required
- Accountable for and the working knowledge of: project delivery activities aligning to the business case
- Accountable for and working knowledge of: scope, schedule and cost constraints inherent within the retail banking change environment at the project level and how they intersect with key enablers required for successful delivery (integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, HR management, communications management, risk management and procurement management).
- Accountable for and working knowledge of: project planning, including the progressive elaboration of scope into detailed work packages underpinning a critical path at the project level.
- Accountable for and working knowledge of: the creation, management, and execution of a risk management framework including risk trigger/identification, risk assessment, risk composite indexing, risk control, and risk mitigation.
- Accountable for and working knowledge of: the creation and execution of a project control framework encompassing resource management, financial control management and governance/compliance management.
Project Manager Person Specification
- Project Management/Business Change experience in cross functional teams
- Strong technical/infrastructure change background
- Successful stakeholder and supplier management - internal and external
- Evidence of successful people leadership at a mid-management level within a large organisation in a cross matrixed environment
- Graduate calibre with some commercial management experience across a number of business disciplines
- Industry expertise to add value to business requirements through expert advice and support
- Desired Project Management professional accreditation