Planning & Implementation Lead
- Knutsford, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 30 Nov 17 2017-11-30
Overall purpose of role * To ensure a consistent approach to planning is implemented across the Payments change portfolio * To develop and track the Payments implementation schedule and ensure congestion is identified early * To identify and track dependencies and resolve conflicts where they arise
Payments Technology Change
The Payments Technology Change team is part of the wider Technology Change team within the Barclays International business (BI). The department is focused on the delivery of business and technological change for the payment processing function and numbers in excess of 1000 heads. Although part of BI, Payments Technology Change serves stakeholders from across the Barclays Group.
Overall purpose of role
- To ensure a consistent approach to planning is implemented across the Payments change portfolio
- To develop and track the Payments implementation schedule and ensure congestion is identified early
- To identify and track dependencies and resolve conflicts where they arise
- To maintain the Payments application roadmaps and support the demand management process as required
- This is a rewarding role in a fast paced environment with plenty of opportunity to add value, and lead and drive improvement initiatives. The role holder will be expected to execute at speed and have experience in a similar role
- Implement a pragmatic planning framework across the Payments delivery portfolio (balancing differing requirements in BAU change against traditional waterfall / Agile programme delivery)
- Support and coach project managers and PMO team to ensure consistent implementation of framework and use of planning tools (including integration of Agile tools into planning effort)
- Lead weekly planning process to ensure that milestones are on track / exceptions are managed
- Lead weekly implementation scheduling process and associated meeting with delivery leads
- Identify inter-project / work-stream dependencies and determine options to resolve conflicts across the portfolio
- Maintain the Payments application roadmaps in line with agreed MTP and approved Change Requests
- Provide cover across other PMO disciplines as required to cover absence / workload peaks
- Must have a strong hands on planning background working as part of a medium to large PMO team
- Excellent facilitator
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work autonomously
- High levels of initiative
- Excellent MS Project and MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of Barclays change delivery toolset
Stakeholder management and leadership
- Role holder must be comfortable and experienced at liaising with varying levels of stakeholder up to Managing Director level, and must be able to demonstrate flexibility of approach to adapt to differing stakeholder styles
- Ability to lead governance/planning sessions and rally project teams to a common objective
Experience, qualifications and other requirements specific to the role:
- Business Administration and Project Management qualifications desirable but not essential
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.