As a Barclays Lead Engineer, you will lead a team of developers working on the end to end stack process. This is a dynamic and engaging team of forty people and will work on the Barclays App Service for over 8 million customers.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
• Programming, software design and Unit Testing
• Leading team of software developers working in the 'Hopper' model to deliver mobile banking solutions
• Designing programmes/programme modifications from supplied requirements and design specifications
• Creating and amending complex programmes in accordance with the design, following relevant code management procedures
• Taking responsibility for the design, coding, testing and documentation of particularly large, complex or mission critical programmes
• Planning, designing and conducting tests of programmes, correcting errors and re-testing to deliver an error-free product
• Proposing options to meet business area requirements and preparing cost/benefit for the business area to evaluate
• Reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors and service problems, limiting downtime and resolving the problem during project handover What we're looking for:
• Demonstrable Java experience
• Mobile Application Server Development experience
• Software Performance modelling and Analysis
• Web Service Development - particularly RESTFUL Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Hibernate
• Knowledge of Spring
• Oracle Database Development experience
• Service Virtualisation Software experience Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It's the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager