As a Barclays Lead Architect you will be developing the technical solutions for a business area that has true customer and colleague impact. Your contribution to architectural decisions will change their banking and working lives for the better through technical designs that are truly based on their experiences. By creating an architectural vision in keeping with the business you will provide a technical solution for customer and colleagues.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process. What will you be doing?
• Owning the technical solutions and providing an end-to-end assurance that satisfies business needs
• Collaborating with a team of like-minded architects, encouraging each other to find the right technology solutions for the business areas
• Owning the architectural future of multiple technology platforms by being the platform custodian and ensuring that any developments align to the overall Barclays technology strategy
• Acting as the design authority on projects by acting as architecture sign-off for project level component deliverables
• Estimating budgets for small to medium and projects
• Identifying high-impact, sensitive situations or issues and escalating appropriately
• Ensuring governance, risk and control procedures are followed
• Shaping and defining solutions across disparate technologies that enable you to resolve a complex business issue with a simple and cost effective technology based solution What we're looking for:
• Experience of shaping and defining solutions across disparate technologies that enable you to resolve a complex business issue with a simple and cost effective technology based solution
• A broad and deep knowledge of technologies (including infrastructure technologies) that are used by financial service providers
• Expertise in at least one or more technologies used by the bank, specifically Salesforce or Cloud technology
• The ability to exhibit deep technical understanding conveyed through crisp solution design walkthroughs Skills that will help you in the role:
• An AWS Solution Architect certification - Associate level or higher, e.g. Professional level
• The Cloud Security AWS Solution Architect certification - foundation level or higher, e.g. Associate level
• Experience of Modern Architecture patterns, e.g. Domain Driven, Event Based, Data lakes, API (e.g. MicroServices, Service Mesh, GraphQL/ REST etc.).
• Exposure to API design strategies both for internal and external customer usage Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.