Head of Security Engineering Strategy
As a Barclays Head of Security Engineer Strategy, you will have the opportunity to join an exciting new venture within the Chief Security Office. As part of the team, you will be responsible for understanding, researching, designing, and developing security solutions for Barclays' products. If you have strong technical expertise and looking for a challenge, you'll have the chance here to drive the end-to-end integration for our intelligence driven defence strategy.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
• Working closely with on-shore and off-shore development teams to implement security operations requirements into solutions
• Designing, developing and delivering product roadmaps to support the evolution of core security services while aligning deliveries to Barclays strategy
• Following technical practices and strive for technical excellence both in security and software development
• Developing a strong understanding of security tooling (commercial off-shelf) and support the development team in configuring the tool to meet their requirements
• Working alongside Security Operations teams (mainly Cyber) teams to identify and investigate intrusions and evolve collection strategies
• Analysing requirements; driving the vision for various security product and design solutions to meet the user requirements for various range of security tooling What we're looking for:
• Experience of analytical tools and capabilities used in a Cyber Intelligence functions such as Maltego or MISP, Splunk, Elastic
• Deep understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain and the Diamond model and how they apply to threat intelligence
• Strong technical expertise is required with strong knowledge of security network architectures (e.g. Firewalls, DMZ, proxies, DNS, web and mail servers) and their principles
• Exposure of open source and commercial information sources such as VirusTotal and Hybrid Analysis
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in Operating systems specifically Unix
• Relevant professional certifications in information technology or cloud security e.g. CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CEH, OSCP, GIAC
• Agile methodology qualification
• Business analysis qualification Where will you be working?
Based in our Manchester office, which is in the heart of the city centre. Offering a modern working environment, with restaurants, bars and gyms just a stone's throw away from the office.