WI Support Assistant Manager
About Workplace Investing Communications
The Workplace Investing Communications team supports the Workplace Investing [WI] channel, providing communication services to existing WI clients as well as new WI scheme implementations. This includes the delivery of scheme literature, educational materials, strategic communication campaigns as well as face-to-face communication at the workplace.
Purpose of your role
The WI Support role's main focus is to assist and support the Communications Consultants within the team. By providing administrative support, you allow the Consultants to concentrate on providing communication services to FIL's UK WI channel. The role requires an experienced individual with the ability to multi task and organise various projects. The role is focussed predominantly on assisting with employee communication campaigns aimed at increasing employee engagement with their pension plan.
The role requires the individual to be flexible and able to juggle a number of tasks. The role holder will act as a support partner to the Consultants on various client projects as well as becoming a representative for the team on various internal business projects. This role will be based in Kingswood and requires a high level of flexibility in terms of tasks and scope.
The responsibilities of the role will be:
- Supporting the Communication Consultants with Client specific Corporate Actions projects as well as Business wide Corporate Actions
- Acting as a second 'buddy' or in some cases the Comms representative on various projects/campaigns or work groups
- Attending conference calls with internal colleagues and potentially clients/trustees of a pension plan, in respect of an investment change project
- Ensuring WI Marketing are on top of future changes and impacts to our Master Plan literature templates
- Reviewing and marking up changes to PDF pension documents (working within Adobe Acrobat Pro) and briefing these into Document Production or external design agencies
- Drafting letters from templates and reviewing of member letters
- Co-ordinating member mailings and liaising with print houses
- Compiling literature and merchandise for events and benefit fairs
- Provide structure within team meetings to ensure the team remains focused as well as collating weekly notes and circulating where appropriate
- Quality control of all WI engagement campaigns and literature
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Broad experience in pensions
- Good knowledge in the DC and Workplace savings space
- Industry knowledge, understanding the client's needs and challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to build, develop & maintain good relationships
- A flexible can do attitude
- Excellent organisational and administration skills, ability to manage several tasks and to prioritise
- Good knowledge of MS office, word, PowerPoint, outlook and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- IT literature to be able to manage internal systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to communicate with external clients and senior managers as well as many other different departments internally
- Ability to pick up tasks quickly
- Be a role model for FIL values and behaviours in their approach with clients & colleagues.
- Team player with the ability to leverage of the wider FIL network