Regulatory Reporting Specialist
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to join our Regulatory Reporting team to produce our daily regulatory reports. You'll have to have a keen eye to be able to identify issues, and remediate them.
We need someone who's focused on getting the detail right within the stipulated regulatory reporting deadlines. That means you will be prepared to have to analyse an issue and remediate against the daily reporting timelines that come with regulatory reporting.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
What you'll do
• Monitoring the day-to-day production of full, accurate and timely reports, making sure we hit internal and external deadlines. This will cover EMIR, ASIC, SFTR & MIFID2 transaction reporting.
• Investigations and remediation of data validation errors and rejection reports;
• Daily reconciliation of EMIR cleared OTC reporting being undertaken by clearing brokers under a delegated reporting mandate;
• Checking of the EMIR reporting undertaken by external managers who are part of the Luxembourg GAIA platform;
• Daily two way and monthly three way reconciliation of MIFIR transaction reporting;
• Liaison with the transaction reporting team in Singapore to ensure the Company is reporting globally as one;
• Spot problems and triage them, making sure controls are adhered to and exceptions are escalated quickly;
• Write and maintain procedures ensuring that they are updated as required;
• Help implement updates or enhancements to processes and systems; and
• Take part in transaction reporting projects.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Have an understanding of operational processes within an Asset Manager;
• Numerical skills and the ability to monitor and produce high quality MIS, and naturally perform root cause analysis; and
• Must understand the need for a strong control focus and play an active role in suggesting day to day improvements to procedures.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle.
What you'll be like
• Good at analysing and solving problems with a strong attention to detail;
• Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks appropriately;
• Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities;
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
• A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments
• Focused on regulatory reporting delivery; and
• Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.