Reconciliations Analyst - Broadlands Business Campus (Near Horsham)
We are building a brand new Purchasing and Payment Service Centre in our Broadland Business Centre which will provide client focussed, best in class support to stakeholders globally across the full cost lifecycle. This is an exciting opportunity help build the Reconciliations capability from the ground up.
You will be responsible for; (i) allocation of cash transactions for bank accounts across a number of entities ; (ii) Investigation of unallocated cash; (iii) production of balance sheet reconciliations for a variety of accounts including cash.
Who we're looking for
You'll be a strong communicator with a control focus and an operational mindset able to think critically about processes to support process improvement.
You will work closely with the Financial Control teams to ensure reconciliations are performed to a high standard.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. It's home to our EMEA Operations and Technology Operations hub.
The Reconciliations team, along with Supply Chain Services, Purchasing and Payables, form the new Broadlands Purchasing and Payment Service Centre, an efficient, best-in-class capability servicing Schroders offices globally.
This brand new team will be formed of c. 5 people responsible for; (i) allocations of cash transactions for our corporate bank accounts across a number of entities; (ii) investigation of unallocated cash with our Payables, Receivables and wider Finance teams; (iii) production of balances sheet reconciliations for a variety of accounts including cash.
The team will work closely with the Financial Control and Costing teams to ensure that reconciliations are performed to a high standard.
What you'll do
• Allocation of cash transitions in Oracle Fusion cash management for all bank accounts within a number of operating entities
• Investigation of unallocated cash with internal and external parties
• Production of balance sheet reconciliations
• Investigation of returned funds with support of Group Treasury and Payables teams
• Act as a point of escalation for issues arising with reconciliations.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Good IT skills, especially with the Microsoft Office suite
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of working within a operational team.
• Experience working in an accounts or reconciliations function
• Qualification in Finance or Accounting
• Experience of Oracle Fusion and / or TM5
• Experience of Financial Services
What you'll be like
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
• Friendly and approachable.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Ability to manage and prioritise competing demands.
• Team player with an ability to work independently.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.