Network Operations Engineer
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced Network Operations Engineer who can work on the support and continued development of the network estate here at Schroders. You'll bring knowledge, drive, enthusiasm and a passion for technology. We've got a diverse portfolio of technologies at here and your goal is to maintain and build at the highest possible levels to drive customer satisfaction and enable a technology focused working environment for our users.
The Global Communications team are responsible for telephony, IT Estates, networking and security infrastructure. This role has a primary focus on campus and data centre networks, wide area networks as well as Internet hosting, market data and B2B environments as well as next generation firewalls, load-balancers and cloud platforms. We are looking for candidate who can bring a genuine interest in operations for our networking and security infrastructure and work in our fast paced environment. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's home to our Global Technology Operations Centre.
We offer a flexible working policy here at Schroders - so we are always open to having a conversation with potential candidates in more detail about their working requirements or preferences.
It's all about putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It has the same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. The team
We support our international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. Our new Broadlands Business Campus means there's a great working environment for the team. Our team has shifts, so you may be working early mornings, evenings and weekends. What you'll do
• Work as part of a Global multi-locational cross-matrix team in a dynamic environment
• Be a key part of our team to drive forward and maintain our technical estate
• A predominantly operational role, but with change and project work as required
• Working closely with other teams such including Service Desk, Platforms, Information Security and User Services
• Proactively own incidents, problems or issues adhering to SLA's and OLA's where relevant
• Act as a technical resource for change requests and project works
• Act as a technical resource for maintenance, firmware upgrades, and recurring patch cycles
• Utilise documented Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation provided
• Work using Servicenow to update incidents and requests
• Have awareness of the technology roadmap for existing and new technologies
• Shift work, weekend work and being on-call will be required The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Candidates should have as a minimum a CCNA qualification, but ideally holding or working actively towards CCNP
• Working knowledge of the following;-
• Branch & Data Centre Switching & Routing
• Wireless technologies, setup, troubleshooting and security
• Enterprise Firewalls especially CheckPoint and Palo Alto
• Internet routing and security
• Understanding of cloud technologies is a big plus
• Common interior and exterior routing protocols
• Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN technologies
• Proxy technologies, Bluecoat or McAfee
• Load Balancers
• IP Address management and network services such as DNS, DHCP and NTP
• Network management, monitoring & Diagnostic Tools
• Network probes and packet capture analysis The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will hel
• Experience of working in the financial sector
• Experience of working within the ITIL Framework
• Experience of ServiceNow
• Knowledge of voice, video and audio visual solutions
What you'll be like
• A keen team player with the ability to work across time zones
• Desire to care about the details
• Committed to deliver innovative solutions
• A great problem solver
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Able to be flexible and work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Willing to learn and willing to train We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.