Fund Reporting Lead Specialist - 12 months fixed term contract
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to lead the production of fund reports . As Lead Reporting Specialist you will have a particular focus on Regulatory reporting and taking ownership of the processes supporting the regulatory reporting for our clients. You'll have the knowledge and understanding to ensure accuracy of the reports and identify any issues prior to release. Examples of the fund reports you will be producing are UCITS KIIDS, PRIIPS KIDS, Cost & Charges templates, AIFMD and MMFR reporting.
We need someone who is solution focused and drives the best outcome for our clients. We expect the successful candidate to align to innovative solutions, be able to identify problems and work to resolve them end-to-end. Additionally as Lead, you will be accountable for all outputs with regards to regulatory fund reports and the escalation point.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our operations hub - home to our client servicing and product reporting for Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Americas.
What you'll do
Active Management of BAU: Ownership & accountability:
• Lead the day-to-day production of full, accurate and timely reports, making sure we meet internal and external deadlines.
• Assume accountability for the regulatory reporting including UK Prospectuses, UCITS KIIDS, PRIIPS KIDs, Cost &Charges, AIFMD and MMFR as well as any other regulatory fund reports in the team.
• Demonstrate ownership and accountability of all processes in line with expected behaviours & mindset.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy demonstrated by reducing errors and proactively identifying issues.
• Ensure reporting processes have the appropriate controls in place. Make sure production controls are efficient and are embedded consistently throughout the team. Maintain procedures and process flow documents for reporting processes, making sure we deliver in line with best practice.
• Maintain accurate global, regional and country templates in line with compliance requirements.
• Maintain a comprehensive view of reporting requirements, including regulatory changes.
• Build, develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers of regulatory reporting platforms used in the production of fund reports.
• Contribute to the MI and KPI's for senior management reporting.
• Take holistic ownership of issues/tasks/change requests.
Process improvement and innovation:
• Maximise operational efficiency and timeliness to market whilst reducing risk through continuous improvement and new ways of working.
• Help design and implement updates or enhancements to processes and systems.
• Demonstrate an innovative mindset by generating ideas to leverage technology to improve processes and efficiencies. Considered approach of using technology to solve live issues.
Understand the strategy:
• Proactively drive the strategy vision within project teams and ensure project team members understand the vision.
• Ensure objective and goals are executed by leading meetings as appropriate and ensuring agendas are prioritised appropriately.
• Engage in objectives setting and understand how the objectives apply to the team and role.
• Take part in reporting projects and realise Business Benefit through Change Projects.
• Issue and error management:
• Identify issues and triage them, ensuring controls are adhered to and exceptions are resolved effectively.
• Focus on a solution orientated approach to resolve challenges and issues in the team.
• Appropriately support, communicate and manage stakeholders effectively.
• Work with a range of business areas to co-ordinate production.
• Work with key stakeholders to ensure their requirements are understood and delivered as applicable.
• Respond to queries and proactively follow up on requests in a timely manner to prevent escalation to management.
• Be a delegate for the team manager as necessary, and confidently liaise with senior stakeholders in this role.
Lead by example:
• Be a role model for the team in process best practice in all areas of Fund Reporting including time management, prioritisation, collaboration, stakeholder management, ownership & accountability and innovation mindset.
• Expect to train and develop more junior reporting specialists in the team.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• UCITS KIIDS and PRIIPS KIDS knowledge and experience a significant advantage
• Knowledge of fund structures across a range of domiciles
• Technical product knowledge and able to discuss concepts with investment stakeholders
• Reporting experience
• Experience of guiding and training junior team members
• Solid experience of Microsoft applications, required within the role.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of working on reporting implementation projects with a digital focus
• Understanding of the Fund regulatory reporting across Reporting and regulatory projects
• Familiarity with SharePoint
• An understanding data structures and schemas
What you'll be like
• Good at analysing and solving problems
• Able to prioritise and manage activities for the benefit of the business
• Able to work under time pressure and handle a number of tasks at a time
• A really good communicator
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• Real attention to detail
• Flexible: how we work in this new hub will evolve, so you'll need to adapt
• Focused on clients and delivery
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.