Compliance Monitoring Associate
A well-known and respected employer in the West Sussex area is looking to hire a Compliance Monitoring Associate to join their compliance team.
We are looking to speak to candidates with proven compliance monitoring experience
including reporting to senior management.
This client who is highly reputable provides bespoke wealth management and technology solutions for discretionary fund managers, national financial advisers and networks. The Role
Working as Compliance Monitoring Officer, you will be part of the second line compliance function, responsible for undertaking regular monitoring of the firm's systems/controls, and, in doing so, providing assurance, advice and guidance to the wider business to support compliance with the firm's regulatory obligations. Key Responsibilities
Successful candidates will have:
- Undertake regulatory monitoring, focusing primarily on FCA regulations, internal standards, and measurement of fair outcomes for customers.
- Work alongside the Compliance Manager in the development and tracking of the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Deliver regular, timely, relevant and concise written reports summarising the findings, including recommendations for addressing any weaknesses identified.
- Ensure completeness of evidence gathered and record keeping associated from testing, on which findings and conclusions are clearly based.
- Track and report on the progress of remedial actions and where appropriate, guide management in implementing necessary improvements.
- Generate regular MI reports and summaries of reviews/findings for senior management analysis.
- Act as the "Lead Monitoring Officer", managing reviews and coordinating the activities of other Compliance team members in relation to that work.
- Experience within Compliance Monitoring or Audit including knowledge of Compliance monitoring tools and techniques, including interviewing skills.
- Good knowledge of retail investments, savings and pensions.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant FCA rules and their interpretation/application.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and forge strong working relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Effective planning and analytical skills.
- Competent with Microsoft Office programs.
- The desire to maintain competency in line with legislation and technical changes within the industry.
- An understanding of the Platform or Investment Industry and the regulations that impact upon it would be a clear advantage.
- CISI IOC level 3 qualified (or equivalent) or close to completion.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.