Be a part of a fast growing Global function within Invesco Asset Management. On behalf of Global Security, work closely with the Business Security Officer EMEA, and the EMEA business, to support its agenda and help deliver its plans at agreed and appropriate security risk. Promote a business-driven approach to security, playing a key part in driving our growth.
Promote a business-driven approach to Security…
Do you want to play a key part in driving our growth?
Join our team
As one of the world’s leading asset managers and an independent company we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. Our passion for continually searching for ways to improve that experience is second to none and we’re looking for people to join us who thrive on that challenge.
Be a part of a fast growing Global function
On behalf of Global Security, work closely with the Business Security Officer EMEA and the EMEA business to support its agenda and help deliver its plans at agreed and appropriate security risk. Promote a business-driven approach to security.
- Represent Global Security and act as an interface to the EMEA business. Build strong partnerships with the EMEA business to promote better interaction, communication, and understanding.
- Serve as a point of contact and escalation for business security matters in EMEA.
- Understand the EMEA business strategy and direction, requirements, major initiatives, high value assets, and risk appetite and tolerances. Drive alignment between Global Security and the EMEA business.
- Identify and communicate security risks within the EMEA business (including through third party providers) and explain those risks in language understood outside Global Security.
- Develop action plans collaboratively drawing on the expertise within Global Security. Inform and support the functions within Global Security in their activities and initiatives
- Engage with the EMEA business providing general security consulting services including project reviews and identification of requirements for security solutions to support business needs.
- Advise and educate the EMEA business on security requirements and risks. Promote a more risk aware culture in which well informed decisions are made on security risk. Deploy role-based security training and awareness
- Help to plan, prepare for, and manage physical and information security incidents, events, and investigations. Advise on emergency actions to protect the business. Assist with review/approval of data and investigation requests
- Provide input into Global Security strategy, policies, standards, processes, and procedures based on business requirements, risk tolerance, and financial industry / ISO standards
- Represent Global Security externally (to clients, Boards, and regulators) by providing information and reassurance as required. Assist with coordinating and
- Assess the relevance and significance of changing security regulations and interpret their impact for the business
- Ensure all activities are in line with Invesco’s Conduct principles.
- Communicating results of third party risk assessments to ensure appropriate implementation of controls for accessing or handling firm information
Have the autonomy to make an impact
To be successful in this role you will bring to the team:
- Solid proven experience from at least one security discipline (physical security, information security, privacy, recovery/resilience)
- Experience of large / global corporate environments involving multiple businesses
- Experience of reporting (including developing relevant metrics) and presenting to senior management and audiences
- Management of security projects, security advice to major initiatives (e.g. significant acquisitions), and/or definition of security strategy (e.g. to protect high value assets)
- Experience of security incidents and investigations (e.g. cyber incident response)
- Understanding of the financial services industry (asset management preferred)
- Understanding of any of the following: (1) audit/risk management methodologies and regulatory security requirements; (2) technology general controls, various technology disciplines, and industry standards (ISO, COBIT, COSO, ITIL); and (3) risk identification, assessment, response and mitigation planning, and reporting
What do we want
- A passion to explore
- Willing to learn from experience and continually to develop personal and professional skills and knowledge
- Effective communicator and presenter (written and verbal, including to large or formal audiences)
- Ability to translate complex/technical topics into business language and to articulate points in terms widely understood
- Strong analysis and assessment skills to evaluate risks and recommend action based on fact
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently and drive tasks to completion
- Collaborative style to engage effectively with all personalities and across functional disciplines and to build strong working relationships
- Good crisis management skills
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Degree level (STEM an advantage) – or equivalent work experience
- CISM or CISSP/CRISC or equivalent preferred or willingness to undertake qualification within 12 months of start
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
If you have any other flexible working requirements, please feel free to raise these with us.
Working with us
We want you to realise your potential in an organisation that never settles for average and is committed to success at both a personal and a global level. Diversity of thoughts is one of three key attributes that sits at the heart of Invesco’s Purpose, defining our investment philosophy, collegial culture and decision-making ethos. Ensuring our teams have a broad range of experiences and backgrounds helps us promote the diversity of thought needed to deliver a superior investment experience for clients and maintain a positive, engaging work environment for our people.
The Good Stuff
Our office is in Henley and we have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 26 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Retirement planning
- Income protection
- Health and wellness benefits
- Life insurance
We’re driven by a pure focus on investment, broad diversity of thought across our organization and a passion to exceed. If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues and a global employer with a high-performance culture, we invite you to explore your potential at Invesco.