Relationship Director - Private Banking
- Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 21 Apr 19
Relationship Director - Private Banking
26 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£59,700 - £79,600
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing and leading a team of Private Bankers who each manage a designated portfolio of on-going client relationships and introductions from across the Group, and ensure all direct reports identify and address clients financial and banking needs, and act in the client's best interest at all times
Through our brands, Lloyds Banking Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK.
Insurance and Wealth is an integral part of the Group in helping to deliver our vision of becoming the best bank for customers, and in playing a key role in Helping Britain Prosper by helping corporate and individual customers plan for their long-term protection, retirement and investment needs.
The Wealth business consists of two customer facing areas - UK Private Banking and Expatriate Banking - serving 345,000 customers. We aim to meet the banking and investment needs of our wealthier UK and International Retail customers. We can provide advice in a wide variety of areas, including investments, planning for retirement, protection and inheritance tax planning, as well as providing personal lending.
Where would you make a difference?
You'd be responsible for developing and leading a team of Private Bankers who each manage a designated portfolio of on-going client relationships and introductions from across the Group. You'd ensure all your direct reports identify and address clients financial and banking needs, and act in the client's best interest at all times.
You would prepare and deliver a realistic business plan, based on an assessment of the local opportunity including the profile of Private Bank eligible clients and the competitive environment, to ensure agreed objectives are achieved.
You'll support the Head of Region with input into Area and Regional planning, ensuring the quality of all local plans meet central guidelines.
In essence you'll be:
- Regularly reviewing achievement of objectives against plan, effectively managing allocated resources (people and financial), reviewing the performance of line reports and key introducers and implementing actions to address any under-performance.
- Ensuring delivery of high standards of client service, client outcomes, client retention and new business for own area of responsibility.
- Producing a quarterly business plan, implementing it, reviewing progress and taking necessary corrective action to ensure delivery of the required business results.
- Actively developing, maintaining and building on relationships with internal and external business development contacts, in order to ensure a high standard of new introductions to deliver business results.
- Proactively seeking personal recommendations and other opportunities to self-generate business.
- You'll pro-actively promote a 'High Performance Culture', providing regular coaching and other one-to-one support to direct reports and other colleagues to maximise their immediate performance development.
- You'll regularly update market, product and technical knowledge in line with Continuing Professional Development requirements to ensure that clients are provided with appropriate and relevant advice.
- You'll develop ideas and plans to enhance the overall provision/reliability of advice: identifying, recommending and implementing changes to systems/procedures to facilitate continuous improvement in accordance with company policy on the introduction of new ideas to the business.
Have we got your attention?
We'll give you an energising environment where you'll see our real passion for diversity and equal opportunity - ensuring our colleagues represent the communities we serve.
You'll also get a comprehensive package (pro rata) that includes a bonus of 20%, a flex cash pot, a car/allowance of c£4700, 30 days holiday, Private medical benefit and a generous pension.
So, be a key part of a team where you're given the confidence to be your whole and best self as we journey to lead the industry sector and apply today...
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.