Senior Z-Series Software Engineer
- GBP48000 - GBP55000 per annum + Bonus
- Halifax, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 23 Nov 17 2017-11-23
Join us as as the senior Z Series Engineer in our cross-disciplinary team.
LBG is the largest provider of Mortgages in the UK, with over 2 million active Mortgages. We have placed Mortgages at the heart of our strategy to become the best bank for customers.
Our team in Mortgages is passionate about creating new services for our customers that transform the customer and colleague experience. Our culture brings together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working.
As a senior engineer in our cross-disciplinary team, you will work in a highly collaborative way, impart your knowledge on others and enjoy seeing the impact of the teams work on our Mortgage customer journeys. You will be required to work with and leading teams of developers from both LBG and partner resources, located in the UK and offshore.
On your CV we'll be looking for your depth of knowledge in all round engineering including significant Z-Series software engineering experience coupled with a deep understanding of implementing and maintaining DevOps toolchain on the IBM Z-series platform.
Skills & requirements
* Strong Software Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
* History in providing Software Engineering oversight, technical leadership and setting the strategic direction for Z-series development.
* Deep and broad knowledge of COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, and tools across the Z/OS platform along with good understanding of CICS Web services, SOA, and understanding of Middleware that integrates the entire application stack.
* Exposure to modern Z-series Eclipse based IDEs, associated plug-ins and tools and can leverage the best integration with industry standard automation tools (Jenkins, SONARQube, Selenium etc.)
* Knowledge of how to build & integrate test automation into the development lifecycle (from Dev\Unit testing through to Regression)
* Passion for coaching other software engineers and building a strong team culture
* Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
* Excitement about enabling others to achieve greater results as a team than one can achieve alone
As Senior Z-Series Software Engineer you'll be working on market leading products for our customers employing the latest technology and design methodologies. We want you to feel proud of your achievements in creating a collaborative and innovative environment.
This is a role for IT professionals who can combine both technical credentials and the ability to communicate, there couldn't be a better time to become part of the Retail CIO Mortgages team, as we continue to build an exciting future for our people and our customers.
So if you have the skills and experience we require we welcome your application.