Principal IT Security Engineer
- Apr 30, 2021
- £60k - £80k
A leading, global defence, security and aerospace company is looking to hire an experienced Principal IT Security Engineer at their site in Weymouth, Bristol, or Surrey. Principal IT Security Engineer Salary - £68,000 + Benefits Location - Weymouth, Bristol, or Surrey Flexible working
A leading, global defence, security and aerospace company is looking to hire an experienced Principal IT Security Engineer at their site in Weymouth, Bristol, or Surrey.
As a Principal Engineer you will be a focal point for security and information risk matters and will apply your deep level of subject matter expertise and experience to ensure that submarine systems and products are delivered and can be managed and supported through-life. Key responsibilities
- Providing advice on Information System (Product) Security matters for programmes to Engineering Managers and Technical Authorities as required to internal and external customers
- Contributing and influencing development and maintenance of Product Security (PSEC) strategies, policies, guidance and awareness
- Gaining sufficient understanding of a system, its concept of use and architectures provide accurate assessments of a product security threats, potential avenues of attack, and or compliance to standards and best practice
- Ensuring that Product Security analysis of a project, system or equipment, is delivered and is managed using recognised risk analysis techniques and documentation
- Presenting risks and proposed controls to internal and external stakeholders, to achieve agreement and buy-in
- Representing the Product Security group at Design Reviews and working groups to ensure that Product Security is appropriately considered at each stage of the design lifecycle
- Supporting the management and planning of specialist activities and work packages and managing PSEC tools and applications.
- Strong background in information systems, architectures, and or applications development, implementation and through life management
- Knowledge of configuration control and change
- Understanding of the engineering lifecycle phase
- Previous Technical leadership and coaching/mentoring others.
- Strong Knowledge of Information/IT Security activities within the defence sector, maritime or closely linked domain (JSPs, SCIDA, IS1&2, Standards, RMADS)
- Recognised Cyber Security Qualification (CISSP, CISM, CCP, CEH) and/or ICT or Information System Qualifications (ITIL, CCNP)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.