- Jan 14, 2022
- £70k - £75k
I am looking for a Financial Analyst to join a leading organisation in the South East. This is an exceptional opportunity for a qualified accountant to work for an extremely progressive business.
An award-winning team that have recently been recognised as one of the top 10 businesses to work for in the Financial Services
sector are looking for a new Financial Analyst
to join their South East
office due to continued success and growth.
Reporting to the Finance Director this is a newly created role to give the business more visibility and support around the deals process. The role is responsible for financial modelling on equity investments in third-party businesses, including pre and post-acquisition analysis of financial and other key business data. The role will encompass a range of value-add activities including investment appraisals, valuations and business modelling, financial due diligence and forecasting. The successful applicant will play a key role in providing appraisal reports to the Board and for establishing an investment monitoring of acquisitions to support the delivery of the strategic vision for the organisation. The organisation has ambitious plans to make strategic additions to the group.
Ideally you will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
with 5+ years' experience within practice and/or industry. The role will require a strong analytical mindset and the proven ability to design and action financial modelling techniques to critically interrogate relevant data. The opportunity will be highly visible within the organisation, directly supporting the Director of Commercial Finance, whilst also working closely with the wider commercial finance team, so you will be in a prime position for future career enhancing opportunities within the organisation. Responsibilities include:
- Researching industry sector and market insights
- Assessing comparable companies, precedent transactions and potential investors/buyers
- Preparing and reviewing complex financial analyses and models
- Crafting detailed memos, presentations and pitches
- Conducting due diligence investigations
- Coordinating group efforts for pitch and transaction related activity
- Presenting materials internally
- Training and mentoring Analysts within the team
- Research and analyse industry and company information
- Perform financial analyses, including comparable transaction and public company analysis
- Draft teasers, information memorandums and other marketing documents
- Research and develop potential strategic and private equity buyer lists
- Qualified Accountant
- 5+ years post-qualification experience.
- Proven ability to marry financial and commercial analysis and drive opportunities to completion.
- Strong analytical skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong client facing skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.