Web Developer - Quantitative and Structured Products
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Technology (IS Tech) develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
We are seeking a strong Web developer with experience of Java to join a successful team delivering critical tools and systems within the Quantitative and Structured Products tech department.
The department and team is focused on delivering cutting-edge technology to the firm's internal and external clients. The role involves all aspects of the software development life cycle: analysis, design and implementation. We need a flexible and practical technologist who demonstrates excellent problem solving skills, enjoys all aspects of software development and will contribute to the success of the team.
- You will work closely with our global team and technology partners, linking up with our key Strategists/Quants stakeholders, to design and develop scalable solutions for managing, pricing and backtesting products across a range of underlying asset classes.
- You will work on the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment.
- This is a hands-on role in a global team doing continuous delivery across many global markets, so you will also have to communicate with global colleagues and stakeholders.
- As part of a strong global team combining solid tech expertise and business knowledge delivering the best commercially orientated solutions possible, you will be able to work within a highly fulfilling role and develop your skills, knowledge and career.
- Initially, you will work closely with the local and wider development team to improve a Web-based user interface by adding new features and improve usability and technical design.
- You will work with web technologies and influence the HTML5 strategy for the team.
- You will be expected to promote best practices in terms of testing and other development practices.
- You will be an active contributor to architectural design meetings and code reviews
- You will support and lead different phases of the product lifecycle including analysis, development and testing
- You will be a technically proficient and enthusiastic developer, with a desire to comprehend the full stack in order to help engineer new and existing components
- Experience employing HTML, CSS and related web technologies
- Some Java server side experience.
- Some Sybase (or similar) database experience.
- Demonstrable ability to meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Any knowledge of scripting languages, or C++ would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Equities and Derivatives would be a plus.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM2