As a Barclays Treasury Operations Analyst, you will be an effective Analytics expert and provide guidance to both the team and the wider Treasury Operations (TO) stakeholders (Treasury and Liquidity Risk). The Analytics team is a part of TO and provides value-added MIS and analytics that is core to the efficient management of the function. As part of the team you’ll be identifying the sources and uses of liquidity across all legal entities and ensuring funding and liquidity is optimized.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Identify opportunities and undertake detailed trend analysis in order to present key issues and propose solutions to enable Treasury Operations to achieve their business goals
- Produce and quality assure critical MI reporting to support business functions within Treasury, Liquidity Risk and Treasury Operations
- Ensuring all service levels are achieved, integrity and quality of data is maintained, and customer expectations are met
- Supporting the development of new processes and initiatives to improve Liquidity and Funding analysis while ensuring the implementation of a control environment
- Providing support in strategic platform design and development of the tools required to effectively deliver the remit of the function
- Continually analyze, design and implement changes to reporting produced to ensure automation and accuracy, data controls and data governance are improved
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, Databases, VBA and SQL
- Extensive technical skills and keen interest in large volume data analysis
- Degree or equivalent, concentrating in Economics or Finance or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and numeric skills, and objective thinking
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Treasury experience
- Experience of working with external providers, partners and regulators
- Good interpersonal skills including collaboration, partnership and communication
- Proactive, positive attitude and a desire to make a difference
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.