Transfer Pricing Tax: Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Tax department ensures compliance with income and indirect tax filings, and monitors tax regulations and legislation. In addition, it calculates reports and discloses all of the Firm's tax-related expenses. The department also plans and manages the Firm's domestic and international tax strategies and advises Firm management and business units on business products, location and structure.
The Glasgow Tax Team is responsible for global tax reporting, compliance and technical analysis.
The Tax Transfer Pricing (TP) team operates as a truly Global team. In recent years, the TP group has experienced a significant upswing in workload in light of the increased demands from the evolving tax, regulatory and commercial environment. An Associate based in Glasgow is required within the Group to provide transfer pricing support to the wider Tax & Financial Control Group (FCG) teams, including tax senior management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks associated with global transfer pricing compliance. This is an exciting opportunity to join this expanding tax team. Whilst based in Glasgow, this role has responsibilities globally which presents a unique opportunity to build networks across Tax, Finance and the wider organisation.
The position requires highly motivated and focused individual who is interested in gaining powerful insights in the operations of this leading financial services firm and developing into technical TP experts.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the production of in depth global and local country TP documentation (master file/local files) including collating /updating information and producing reports as well as monitoring the applicable documentation timelines in various countries
- Prepare and summarise quantitative and qualitative information on intercompany transactions
- Deliver a high quality, technically accurate, final draft TP documentation, ready for review by management
- Prepare industry analyses on a consistent basis
- Work with external advisors on preparing other global modules for TP documentation
- Prepare the TP information returns of various jurisdiction, ensuring consistency with TP documentation
- Produce the annual BEPS Country by Country Reporting, including collection, update and analysis of data and monitoring the compliance timelines in various countries
- Maintain and monitor TP policies and Agreements
- Support TP audits including collecting/updating information and reporting
- Build and refine own transfer pricing technical knowledge
- EMEA coverage support for existing TP Models
- Part-Qualified/Qualified accountant, CTA or equivalent qualification or relevant experience
- Ability and desire to create and improve processes to increase efficiencies and completeness in the TP documentation
- Strong technical and analytical abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently
- Strong skills in communicating with a global, diverse group of colleagues
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment and to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A high level of personal commitment, and self-motivation, coupled with an innovative, flexible, and team player attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1