Train Development Manager - Glasgow
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Technology (IS Tech) develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
Te am Profile:
Morgan Stanley is looking for a hands-on software development manager to join the firmwide developer tools and systems group, MSDE. MSDE is responsible for shaping the SDLC within Morgan Stanley by implementing the tools, systems, and processes used by all developers across the globe for software development and deployment.
The candidate will be working with a global team of experts on adding features and improving functionality of the Firm’s SDLC platform - Train. Train is used by thousands of developers, across a diverse set of programming languages, technology stacks, and platforms, and is continually evolved to stay current with the state of art in SDLC practices and tooling. Additionally, the candidate will serve as a technical mentor and direct manager for a talented and growing team of developers in Glasgow.
In addition to hands-on development and technical leadership experience, the right candidate will also have a good understanding of current best practices in application architecture, software design and code development, and software deployment.
Prior experience in the financial industry is not required; candidates from software companies are welcome.
- Hands-on development experience, preferably in Python or Java.
- Experience working as a development manager on a large-scale, global project in an agile environment. Prior experience as a direct manager for 5+ co-located developers would be a strong asset.
- Highly technical and passionate about SDLC tooling and processes. Familiar with the tools of the trade ? experience working with multiple SCM systems, code review systems, build tools, test frameworks, code quality tools, CI systems, IDEs, and deployment systems.
- Flexible and adaptable; quick to embrace new concepts and tools; able to quickly deliver solutions on the most appropriate platform and language.
- Prior experience developing tools and components to integrate with systems for source control, build automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and large-scale software deployment.
- Experience working with multiple compiled (Java, C++, C# or Scala) or interpreted (Python, Perl, groovy) languages on Linux and Windows.
- Web development experience, preferably with multiple frameworks.
- Experience building talent through local technical forums and campus recruitment.
- Interested in getting to bottom of things - to understand how they work and why.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM2