Trade/Treasury Management Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
This wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley administers over $275 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the Firm’s proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services is supported by over 800 professionals based in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin, Glasgow, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
We are seeking a client facing Middle Office Associate for our Glasgow office, Middle office services are a new offering to MSFS clients as the business expands is product offering.
The candidate will work within the global team to build out the MSFS middle office offering and provide coverage for clients requesting the services: currently trade affirmation and collateral/cash management.
- Trade break management and reporting for client executed trades
- Process management for client related collateral/margin and reporting queries
- Building and maintaining excellent client relationships with the hedge fund clients as well as develop technical systems and product knowledge in order to provide first class client service.
- Assist in the planning and building out of the global coverage teams and the operating model to support the expanded services - Trade - Affirmation and Treasury/Cash Management
- Liaise with global stakeholders including IT to develop a broker neutral client trade matching platform
- Work with existing and new clients setting up and on-boarding them onto both products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Varied product exposure – one or more of equity, swap, fixed income, listed and OTC products
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work within a fast paced setting
- Critical thinker with track record of process improvements
- Execute sound judgment in client responses and escalation
- Prior experience in hedge fund and/or hedge fund administrator middle office operation
- Trade affirmation experience using DTCC, Omgeo (Oasys and CTM), and Traiana a plus
- Experience of ISG trade matching systems – Vista, Transaction Manager. Safe GUI
- Prime Brokerage Margin, Collateral Management, Settlements experience
- Cash and Collateral Management experience with ENSO, Hazeltree, VITEOS, or Integridata a plus
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-ZP1