Technology Risk Reporting Analyst
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Jan 18 2018-01-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The mission of the Global Technology division is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firm’s strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals. There are ten divisions within Technology.
Technology & Information Risk (TIR) is part of the Global Technology and Data organization and manages operational and technology related risks on behalf of the Firm. The group’s key principles are to provide proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management, to enable the execution of the Firms strategy.
TIR's mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology and Data understands how to manage escalate and monitor risk.
This role will be part of the Risk Reporting and Analytics team that interfaces directly with subject matter experts, risk officers, business unit information security representatives, application development, management and C-level executives identify, maintain, develop and publish measurement indicators with a primary focus on firm risk. The team is responsible for risk reporting globally and is distributed with individuals in New York, London and Glasgow.
The successful candidate should be a motivated self-starter, with excellent communication, data analysis and time management skills, and the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Produce monthly reporting for technology risk reporting dashboards
- Engage with stakeholders across multiple locations to manage the evolution of technology risk dashboards
- Lead global program with stakeholder engagement across risk assessment teams
- Engage and lead risk discovery workshops within Cyber / Information Security risk domains
- Ad-hoc analysis, problem solving and presentations on technology risk
- Business SME for data warehouse solution, BI dashboards, & technology risk reporting domains
- Gather requirements / bespoke needs from our key stakeholders and translate these to business requirements
- Liaise with development teams to define requirements, QA, and test BI enhancement s
- Bachelor’s degree qualified with a minimum of 4 years experience working in a Technology environment.
- Working knowledge of Technology applications and infrastructure (eg. Server, network, platform desktop environment) and how they are used in large organisations.
- Strong data analysis skills with expert knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulae etc)
- Experience of using SQL
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tooling (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau)
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with running programs of work and engaging with Senior Management for requirements and feedback.
- Dynamic individual with the ability to switch context quickly and work on multiple streams of work concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with individuals at all levels of the organisation and leverages this to achieve work-related objectives.
- Project experience delivering tools/data management solutions.
- Experience of working in an Investment Banking environment.
- Technology risk / control qualifications e.g. CRISC, CISA.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM2