See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. The Role
A Senior Disaster Recovery and Continuity Manager is required to provide additional subject matter expertise to support existing programs around technology recovery and resilience testing as well as ongoing expansion of Disaster Recovery and Continuity coverage and programs.
The selected candidate will play a lead role in the enhancement and execution of testing and recovery planning strategies for the group, ensuring the firm adheres to the best practice principles of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery (BC/DR). As a member of the Global Technology Disaster Recovery (TechDR) team they will be responsible for the advancement of the firms DR strategy in line with the development of a proactive, production resilient model. Responsibilities
• Support the Disaster Recovery Testing program in developing new and enhanced test processes to meet emerging recovery scenarios (e.g. cyber)
• Support Technology Business Continuity Program in developing new and enhanced test processes to meet evolving continuity requirements
• Communicate with a large audience of Business stakeholders and Technologists
• Review existing technical and people recovery processes, internal and external, to ensure they are sound, while ensuring documentation meets regulatory and internal/external audit expectations
• Provide consultative services regarding Disaster Recovery best practices to internal organizations Qualifications: Skills Required
• Familiar with applicable existing and emerging finance-industry regulatory requirements related to business continuity, disaster recovery and resiliency
• The candidate will work closely with various Technology Engineering teams, Application Development, Business Continuity Management, Firm and Technology Risk, and the global Technology Disaster Recovery team to enhance and progress the Disaster Recovery Program
• Capable of synthesizing multiple asks and timelines into holistic, clearly defined milestones and deliverables
• Capable of managing through influence across multiple groups including both technology and business stakeholders
• Experience in either a Disaster Recovery or technology Business Continuity role
• Understanding of industry best practices for Technology Disaster Recovery planning and Business Continuity.
• Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to convey complex technical strategies and plans to a wide audience from technician to senior business and technology management
• Strong relationship-building and influencing skills with the ability to be both a leader and a team player operating with tact and diplomacy
• The ability to deliver under time critical pressure
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and a dynamic environment
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
• Experience working in virtual teams across geographic boundaries
• DR, BCP, PMP or ITIL certifications preferred
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.